PalmSens4, is a USB and battery powered Potentiostat, Galvanostat, and optional a Frequency Response Analyser (FRA) for Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS). The PalmSens4 has a large potential range (-5V to 5V or -10V to 10V) and current range (100 pA to 10 mA) with a high resolution and low noise. This instrument is a complete laboratory instrument but its compact and rugged design makes it also ideal for field work.
- potential range: ±5V or ± 10V
- compliance voltage: ± 10V
- current ranges: 100 pA – 10 mA
- maximum current: ± 30 mA
- max freq. for EIS: 100 kHz or 1 MHz
|dc-potential range||± 10 V (or ± 5 V)|
|compliance voltage||± 10V|
|maximum current||± 30 mA (typical)|
|max. acquisition rate||150,000 data points/s|
|Potentiostat (controlled potential mode)|
|applied dc-potential resolution||75 µV|
|applied potential accuracy||≤ 0.1% ± 1 mV offset|
|current ranges||100 pA to 10 mA (9 ranges)|
|current accuracy||≤ 0.1 % (at Full Scale Range)|
|measured current resolution||0.006 % of current range (5 fA on 100 pA range)|
|Galvanostat (controlled current mode)|
|current ranges||1 nA to 10 mA (8 ranges)|
|applied dc-current range||± 6 times applied current range|
|applied dc-current resolution||0.005 % of applied current range|
|measured dc-potential accuracy||75 μV at ± 10 V
7.5 μV at ± 1 V
0.75 μV at ± 0.1 V
|FRA / EIS (impedance measurements)|
|frequency range||10 μHz to 1 MHz (or 10 μHz to 100 kHz)|
|ac-amplitude range||1 mV to 0.25 V rms, or 0.6 V p-p|
|electrometer amplifier input||> 1 TΩ // 10 pF|
|housing||aluminium with rubber sleeve: 15.7 x 9.7 x 3.5 cm3|
|temperature range||0 ºC to + 50 ºC|
|power supply||USB or internal LiPo battery|
|communication||USB and Bluetooth|
|battery time||> 16 hours idle time
> 4 hours with cell on at max. current
Extendable by means of power bank
|internal storage space||4 GB
or +/- 400000 measurements incl. method info (assuming 200 data points per measurement)
|Auxiliary port (D-Sub 15)|
|analog input||± 10 V, 18 bit|
|analog output||0-10 V, 12 bit (1 kOhm output impedance)|
|4 digital outputs||0-3.3 V|
|1 digital input||0-3.3 V (5 V tolerant)|
|I-out and E-out||raw output of current and potential
E-out ± 10 V (1 kOhm output impedance)
I-out ± 6 V (1 kOhm output impedance)
|power||5 V output (max. 150 mA)|
The current is measured using a zero resistance ammeter (ZRA).
PalmSens4 is shipped with the new PSTrace 5.0 software.
New in PSTrace 5.0:
- Equivalent Circuit Fitting and Simulation for EIS
- Support for PalmSens4; view and copy data on its internal 4GB storage
- New technique: Mixed Mode for combining potentiometry and amperometry, potential sweeps and measuring at open circuit
- Improved UI
- New “.pssession” file format introduced for always saving all available measurements, method information and meta data to a single file.
Main extensions for PalmSens4:
- Multiplexer for using up to 8 or 16 cells with one potentiostat
- Pt1000 temperature sensor.
- Magnetic stirrer for stripping analysis applications.
- USB galvanic isolator for floating measurements.
- Differential Electrometer Amplifier (DEA) for use as floating voltage amplifier with differential input and single output for measuring an auxiliary signal between -5 to +5 V or -10 to +10 V.
Click here to see all PalmSens4 compatible extensions and accessories.